Monday, April 03, 2006

Back In Kuwait

Dear Blog Fans -- My apologies for not posting in such a long time! Much has happened. My life in Baghdad as the Theater PBO was very busy -- very little time for much of anything other than the office, sleep, shower, office, sleep, shower, etc. You get the idea!! I went home on R&R leave the first couple weeks of March. I had an absolute wonderful time. Best Friend Erlene, along with my adopted "Mother" (her Mom) and hubby came down for a few days. Sarah came home over the same weekend. We had a great time -- shopping, eating, touring, etc. I did get the rest of the unpacking done -- Ed was gracious to leave a few boxes so that I didn't feel TOO left out of the process!! I got all the china cabinet goodies washed and put away, as well as the curio cabinet treats. The real fun job was the sewing room!!! I do miss my hide-away!!

I came back to theater, and had somewhat good news when I got here. A new GS-14 had been hired in Baghdad, therefore, I didn't have to go back up to the property book team. Plans are to stay in Kuwait until my time is up here -- which looks like it may be July!!!!!

Last week we went on a short little day trip in Kuwait City. We toured the Kuwaiti Towers -- very beautiful and breathtaking from the observation windows. Check it out on goggle.com or some other search engine. The towers are the only real claim to tourism the entire country of Kuwait has -- other than the beautiful ocean. Good day -- lots of fun, and good to get away from the office on "official" business -- monkey business that is!!!

I'm still plugging along with my college class -- I'm certainly glad I opted for one this first semester out of the shoot!!! A lot of writing -- but I have no regrets as to getting enrolled and getting on with it.

Hope all of you are well.

Til later ~~ Candy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAH! New post from Mom!! The people demand more frequent posting. And pictures!

Love you.

4:34 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home