Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

The best to you and yours in 2006!!!

New Years Eve was fun here. Our unit had a party in a very large tent -- complete with hats, horns, crowns, and those crank ratchet noisemakers that make a terrible racket!!! We played bingo, some great music games, and had a great time. Lot's of good food, good fun, and were able to toast in the New Year with our non-alcohol champagne!!!

A little excitement here tonight at my base camp. As we were finishing up our dinner, I was sitting with 5 other women -- all of a sudden there was a whole lot of commotion on the other half of the DFAC. At first I thought a fight had broke out, which was highly unlikely, as things like that don't happen here. Everyone was moving extremely quickly toward the door -- so -- we did too! Good plan, as the kitchen caught on fire. We all got out safely! I have no idea how bad the damage is, but I do know that anything that involves consumming a meal for the next couple of days will involve walking about 6 blocks away! No problem -- I need the exericse.

I promise to post pictures of the New Years party (once downloaded!)

Happy New Year!!

Love, Candy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all goes well, we can ring the new year in together next year. Love you,,, Ed

9:10 PM, January 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love you, Mom!

6:26 PM, January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home