Thursday, October 27, 2005

October 27, 1979

On this date, 26 years ago, I married my best friend. More than one-half of my life, I've shared with Ed. I remember the day so well. A beautiful fall Saturday in my hometown -- Sioux Falls. On that morning, I remember all the butterflies and all the excitement. I was thrilled. I remember my Mother asking me, "You love him today. Will you love him when you're both old and have grey hair?" That's hard to imagine at the age of 25. But, I remember answering her with confidence -- "I know I will!" And.....I do!!!! It's been a terrific 26 years. My only regret today is that we're not together to celebrate. But, as his card and letter told me -- we'll have many more special days in our future to celebrate other special days. I'll hold him to that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home