Friday, July 14, 2006

Bags are Packed!

My duffel bags are packed. I gave away the pink bike. I've sent the last of my emails here in Kuwait, and I am headed home!!!! It's been quite a year -- all 338 days of deployment. I've been to Iraq, Afghanistan, and here in Kuwait. It's been hot, hotest, and hotter!!! I've lived through the rainy season in Baghdad -- where we all had at least an inch of mud on the bottom of our boots. Couple the mud with the gravel from the places lucky enough to have anything other than mud -- and the boots turned into death traps -- because we would "skate" across floors with the rocks stuck in the bottom of our boots!

I'll try to continue posting and will continue to keep the name of The Desert Chief. Once a Chief lives through something like this -- it's a proud title!

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned!

The Desert Chief/Mom/Candy (whatever is appropriate to you!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home